Introductory Letter

Anna Voisard

North Academic Center

Room 6/246

160 Convent Avenue

New York, NY 10031

Dear Ms. Voisard,

This is where you will write all about you and your goals.

What has your education been like up to this point?

• I transferred to this college last year. I studied in Korea, but I think American college and Korean college are completely different. The education system, the way of classes, etc were so different that I could hardly adapt at first.

Tell me about your high school, background, and upbringing.

• My high school was very strict. I went to school by 7 a.m and there was a self-study at night which is compulsory. Our high school had a regulation of hair style and went to school wearing a school uniform.

How will your education impact your family and change your life?

• My father wanted to study in America. But he got a job in a company instead of studying abroad. So he always says that you are my dream.

How do you want to spend your time at college? What matters to you? This might be going to class, studying, spending time with close friends, perhaps volunteering in the off-campus community or reading books not on any course’s required reading list. 

• First of all, I want to get good grades. Other things will be important to International students like me, but I think grades are most important. As you know , English is not my mother tongue. It is difficult to understand the classes. When professors speak slowly, I understand, but if they speak quickly or other foreign professors speak, it is hard to understand.

What are you goals for after college?

• I want to get a Ph.d degree after college. I used to want to get a job right after graduation, but I change my mind.

What do you expect to get out of this class? How will this class impact your overall education?

• I think we’ll learn how to write a resume or overall writing. I’m an international student. So I really need this writing class. I am not used to writing in English. By the end of this class, l may not be able to write like a native, my skills will be greatly improved. It would be lucky to take this class.

Sincerely,

Haneul Jang